Uirimji was called 'Imji' and this is representative reservoir with Gimjae Byeokgoljae, Milyang Susanjae was also representative reservoir in the period of Three Han States. In Goryeo Sungjong(King) on the 11th year(992), when the government revised the name of Gun and Hyeon, Jecheon was called 'Uiwon-hyeon' or 'Uicheon' but after this, 'Ui' was added to 'Imji', and this was called 'Uilimji'.
We may not know the period of construction but in Silla Jinheung King(540~575), Aksung Ureuk blocked the flowing of the stream and made a bank, but after 700 years, Hyeongam, 'Park Ui Rim' made the stonework which had 3 floors and because of this, he was able to stop the leak, and he treated big rocks and piled rocks and then this became the pillar of the floodgate in which consequently, he came up with the floodgate. This reservoir has circumference of 2 km, extent of 158,677m2, pondage of 6,611,891m3, depth of water of 8~13m and benefiter area is 289.4. When the government performed the repaire, the hole was repaired by pottery. This became the main information for studying agricultural technology of three Han states' era.
Currently, this was changed to an amusement park. In Sunjoo(King) on the 7th year(1807), Yeonghojeong was established. In 1948, Gyeonghoru was established with old pine trees, weeping willows and 30m waterfall which looked harmonious. These sights are gorgeous. Especially, in winter and during thaw, you can get smelts and these fishes are light and clean(taste) and Soonche was famous for king's food.
Ureuk who was famous for Gyageum(Korean instrument) who was one of the three famous musicians lived in this place, he played the Korean Harp at Ureukdae(Jaebi rock, Yeon rock, Yong rock) and he drank the water at Ureukjeong.