Whanggangyeongdang and Suamsa(temple)
In this place, people commemorate Song Si Yeol (1607～1689) and his student Kweon Sang Ha (1641～1721) and his student 'Han Weon Jin' (1682～1751) and Yoon Bong Gu (1681～1767).
Song Si Yeol passed the civil service examination in Injo(King) on the 11th year(1633), and later during In Hyojong(King), he was mobilized with plans for expedition to conquer the north.
Gweon Sang Ha (1641～1721) is called Suam, Hansujae and he was the student of Song Si Yeol and he was the leader of Gihohakpa which accomplished results.
His teacher Song Si Yeol took poison and died. Sang Ha established Mandongbi and Daebodan because of his teacher's last word. After this, Sookjong(King) really wanted to appoint him(Gweon Sang Ha) and suggested that 'You could have Uiijeong or Jwaiijeong(office position)', but he did not accept his suggestion. He is evaluated as the 16 century's famous people and the people say that he developed Gihohakpa(religious sect).
This structure was established in Yeongjo(King) on the second year(1726) and the following year, this was promoted to Whanggang-seowon during In Gojong(King) on the 8th year(1871). Because of Heungseondaewongun's abolition of Seowon, the name was changed to Whanggangyeongdang. This structure could have been submerged because of Chungju dam and so this was moved to this place in 1983.
Whanggangyeongdang has 2 rocks in the front and 2 rocks at the side and the roof is shaped as 八. Suamsa which is located nearby Whanggangyeongdang has 3 rocks in the front and 2 rocks at the side and roof is shaped as 人. On the wall, 1 gak gate is placed and Uam Song Si Yeol's 'Hansujae' and 'Whanggangseowon' are there.